Friday, May 1, 2015

May Day


Kosovo is officially 35 Days away...

     I also OFFICIALLY have my medical clearance *Que the marching band*. Additionally, I put in my notice for my job which was surprisingly well received due to the "positive reasons" for my departure. It has just been a lot of planning and executing and prepping which STILL isn't done. I still have things to do for the NY party... I am supposed to start traveling next weekend and I still need to pack my apartment..... Yeah about that - not looking forward to it. I have started packing my winter clothes that I will be bringing for PC Service and I am finally hip to the MAGIC and God-send that are Space Bags. They are amazing little pieces of gloriousness and I love their inventor(s) - from afar. Otherwise, everything else in life is normal and mundane, including the stalking of the email in search of that Pre-departure information that should hopefully be sent  by next week with all our staging information :)
 
     Actually no I lied. I had an extremely busy week with a friend coming in from out-of-town and doing various tourist attractions around the city. The "highlight" would have to be almost becoming stuck in Baltimore while they were protesting this past Monday. We though the day would be fairly calm considering that Freddie Gray was being laid to rest that day and the family petitioned for no protests - WRONG. We found out shortly after our arrival that protesters were heading toward the Inner Harbor and we went to the East side to grab ab bite at the recommendation of the young ladies who worked at the attraction we were visiting. well we were lucky to depart when we did from Canton because the Water Taxi system was now Shut-down, along with the entire Inner Harbor, due to the protests and some "extra events" that were taking place in the city. Well to make a long story a little shorter we ended up walking approximately 4 miles or so to Penn Station while NARROWLY missing the protesters who we could hear chanting next to the blaring sound of Police Sirens (which seemed more anxious and harsh in the tangible tension of the air).
 
     So that's my story as to some of my exciting week, and I am looking forward to celebrating Peace Corps with my friends this "last weekend" in DC. Its so interesting how time is almost speeding past for me, yet moving so slowly it seems on a daily basis. It is already May and Kosovo is really within my grasp. The emotions, thoughts and anticipation is on such a level its hard to describe. Its almost like trying to concentrate on one sense while having the sweetness of chocolate on your tongue,  smelling an abundance of lavender and lilac in the air, while sitting outside just daydreaming and the sun caresses every inch of your face in warm waves and resisting the urge to let your feet play in the short blades of freshly cut grass.... EVERYDAY - CONSTANTLY! It is exhausting, tempting and delightfully addictive. You're never sure what to think about next, but positive that Peace Corps shouldn't be such a consuming part of your daily mental processes HAHAHA. I think it is too late for me however... Now I just try to make it through moment to moment and bask in my abundance of everyday blessings and enjoyable moments...
 
Until we meet again :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment