Sunday, June 5, 2016

Excurzion

On Saturday I went with my ninth graders (and some of my seventh graders) on a Class trip to various cities/sites in Kosovo to celebrate the end of their middle school career. I was so excited to attend this trip with "my kids" (I use quotations because people here have taken that to mean I birthed them instead of my love for the kids I teach - oops for the literal translation hahaha) and get this last adventure with them. I didn't realize until we were returning home just how much these young hearts have impacted me, and how much I really love my students. Despite it all, they definitely made my first year of Peace Corps service an true experience, but I couldn't have asked for a better class to go on this trip with! I hope they've been impacted by me just an ounce of how much they have made an impact on me.

Now that I've been a complete sap, for this excursion we went to Istog, Drini i Bardhe, Rugova, a restaurant in Gjakove, and Prizren. The trip overall was amazing fun, I got to learn new things about my students and see more of the beautiful country I call my home. So below find some pictures (and videos!) from our adventure and enjoy!


Some of my ninth graders and I

 My seventh grader and I

 My Host sister and I in Rugove

One of my coworkers and I


View from the Kalaja in Prizren, looking toward the city 
(those are my students standing on the wall)

 Viewing the Burimi in Istog

Nature's Beauty in Rugova

 Dancing outside Drini i Bardhe

Some of my Ninth grade girls and I
 My school's Director (Principal) enjoying the festivities in Prizren

Students and teachers dancing
 Teacher adn student dancing together in Prizren

Two of my ninth grade boys and I
 Another teacher, student and I
7th graders and I squinting in Prizren!
My students caught me sleeping (it happens)


 My boys.

More of my ninth graders  

Drini i Bardhe, Kosovo
 Posing in Rugova

 One of the views while driving in Rugova

 Waterfall in Rugova


 Selfie stick photo gone wrong in Prizren, with most of my ninth grade girls!
My students persuaded this couple to finish their break so we could get some dancing in, Albanian style - Prizren.







No comments:

Post a Comment