Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pictures, Pictures, PICTURES

I realized I have a couple of posts, but no pictures. Below are some pictures of people, places and just life in Kosovo thus far! PSA: It will be about 30 pictures with titles... Hope you Enjoy!


 
My Host sister Nafi!
 
The view from our Hub Site for classes - Jealous yet ;)

 
Novo Brdo - Castle remnants from Cesar's Era...

 
View from my window - The Barn (we have 5 cows)

 
View from my window - looking past the Barn (5km away, over the mountain- that's SERBIA!)


View from my room - The school (shkolla) where I have classes
 
Our BBQ near the "waterfall" in town

 
We hiked to have a bbq and this "grotto" was our resting spot

 
The view of my village from the top of the mountain we hiked up.

 
Another view of my beautiful village :)

 
Nafi, Qen and I showing our "LOVE" before a late night Coffee
 Outside the Prishtina Airport
 
PCV Brittany with the new Trainees! 
 
 
One view of Gjilan from out Hotel
 
 
All 37 Trainees/ Future Volunteers
 
 
Some trainees and the US Ambassdor to Kosova - Ambassador Jacobson
 
 
Tri-State Area trainees
 
 
My host parents and I
 
 
Notes on my door that greeted me, and still do <3
 
 
Life size Chessboard in town
 
 
A Memorial in my village to some men who passed during the War
 
 
Family making traditional dish - Flija

 
My host taking sneak pictures during our game of volleyball while making Flija

 
I made FLIJA!!
Our group map of our town - "sponsored" by Lady Gaga
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Ashley. I see you representing with the pretty girl swag! Enjoy every minute.
    Love you tons, Auntie Jackie

    ReplyDelete